|Great NZ Tofu Sandwich
Makes 2 sandwiches
1 pack Soy Works Handmade NZ Tofu or Soy Works Marinated Tofu
interesting sandwich bread or 2 bread rolls
mayonnaise of your choice
To prepare the marinade if using plain tofu:
2 teaspoons of ground ginger
1 teaspoon of garlic salt
1 teaspoon of hot English mustard
2 tablespoons of soy sauce
Open the pack of tofu, drain off the liquid.
Cut the tofu into 5 equal slices, and leave in the marinade while you prepare the other ingredients.
To prepare the sandwich
1. Peel and cut the kumara into thin slices. Fry the slices in a little olive oil over a gentle heat until soft.
2. While the kumara is cooking, slice the bread or split the rolls (These can also be toasted). Slice the tomato and slice some cucumber.
3. Instead of butter, spread the bread with mayonnaise.
4. Remove the kumara pieces from the oil and put the tofu slices into the same pan. On a higher heat frying the tofu slices until they are crisp.
5. Assemble the sandwiches with a layer each of tomato, cucumber, kumara, and tofu. Season with salt and ground black pepper
6. Serve warm.